Northeastern University Women’s Club Water Polo competes in the New England Division of the Collegiate Water Polo Association. Please feel free to reach out if you’re interested in joining the team!
1. Do I need any prior experience? No! We take all levels of experience and have a wide range of players and skill
levels on our team.
2. What are try-outs like? There is no official tryout day, however, we require anyone interested in joining to
attend 2-3 practices at the start of the semester so they get a feel for the team
and what they are committing to. There are no cuts, so as long as you are willing
to show up and try your best we are happy to have you!
3. What is the practice schedule / expected time commitment? We normally practice 3 days a week (2 hours each) and have 1-2 weekly
workouts or open swims (1 hour each). Our schedule changes every semester
based on pool availability but it is normally around 8 hours a week.
4. What is the cost to join? (and talk about what dues cover) Each semester we have team dues which cover the cost of league fees, a team
water polo suit, team socials, and more. Typically dues are about $100 per
semester, but can change based on circumstances.
5. Who does the team compete against? We compete in the New England Division of the Collegiate Water Polo
Association, which includes many teams from around Boston and the
surrounding area, such as Boston University, Boston College, Dartmouth, MIT,
and many others. We have 3 tournaments in the spring where we play against
these teams, each at a chosen host university.
6. Who can I contact if I have more questions? The easiest way to get in touch with us is by emailing
email@example.com. Feel free to email us with any further
questions and follow us on our instagram and facebook @nuwomenswaterpolo.