The conference will be held virtually beginning at 11:00AM EDT from June 8 - 12, 2020. Video links will be sent to registered participants shortly before the conference.
The schedule of talks is as follows:
Monday, June 8, 2020
- 11:00, Isabel Garcia Garcia, KITP, Field theory avatars of the Swampland. slides, video.
- 11:40, Francesco Muia, DESY, Moduli Stars. slides, video.
- 12:20, Lars Aalsma, University of Wisconsin, Love and Regret in a de Sitter Universe. slides, video.
Session chair: Fernando Quevedo
Tuesday, June 9, 2020
- 11:00, Irene Valenzuela, Harvard University, Merging the Swampland Conjectures and Bubbles of Nothing. slides, video.
- 11:40, Tom Rudelius, IAS, Generalized Global Symmetries and the Swampland. slides, video.
- 12:20, Max Wiesner, IFT Madrid, Instanton Corrections and Emergent Strings. slides, video.
- 1:00, Cody Long, Cornell University, Constraints on Standard Model Constructions in F-theory. slides, video.
Session chair: Lara Anderson
Wednesday, June 10, 2020
Our conference is participating today in the #strike4blacklives.
Thursday, June 11, 2020
- 11:00, Fabian Ruehle, CERN and University of Oxford, Knot Theory and Machine Learning. slides, video.
- 11:40, Sven Krippendorf, LMU Munich, Mining symmetries of string vacua. slides, video.
- 12:20, Alex Cole, University of Wisconsin, Identifying and Exploiting Structure in the String Landscape. slides video.
- 1:00, Ling Lin, CERN, On decision trees, Brill—Noether, and vector-like spectra in F-theory. slides, video.
Session chair: Mike Douglas
Friday, June 12, 2020
- 11:00, Yinan Wang, University of Oxford, Boundaries of the 4d F-theory landscape. slides, video
- 11:40, John Stout, University of Amsterdam, Weak Gravity without Instantons. slides, video.
- 12:20, Jakob Moritz, Cornell University, Hierarchies in flux superpotentials. slides, video.
- 1:00, Severin Lust, Ecole Polytechnique, Uplifting Runaways and the Tadpole Problem. slides, video.
Session chair: Matt Reece