Linnean Solutions is a mission-driven firm that guides local governments, organizations, property owners, and communities in reaching ambitious resilience and sustainability goals. Through working at the building, campus, neighborhood, and city scales, we help communities chart a path to a vibrant future.
Linnean is seeking a paid Intern to work 20-30 hrs per week to help support our team on projects pursuing LEED and Passive House Certification.
- Support green building certification for multifamily residential and commercial projects pursuing LEED and Passive House through: documentation preparation via LEEDonline.com data gathering, LEED Credit research, project tracking and submittals.
- Communicate with team members as needed to obtain proper documentation for certification compliance.
- Attend and participate in client meetings and charrettes to support certification process
- Learn and support WUFI Energy Modeling used for Passive House projects (PHIUS)
- Senior Undergraduate or Graduate student studying Architecture or Engineering or other relevant skills. Recent graduates also welcome.
- Ability to read and understand design drawings and specifications
- Knowledge of USGBC and LEED Building Certification
- Familiarity with Passive House Design Strategies
- Interest in passive building, sustainable design, energy efficiency
- Dedicated and responsible working with drive to learn
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently and manage time effectively
- Experience with WUFI energy modeling for PHIUS is a bonus
- CPHC, LEED AP, LEED Green Associate
- Construction experience a plus
This is a remote position. The Linnean team currently has an office in Portland, Maine with team members distributed throughout the northeast. The candidate for this position is expected to be able to work remotely and participate in weekly team zoom calls, in addition to project-related calls. Occasional in-person meetings in the Boston, MA or Portland, ME area may be required while adhering to all necessary COVID-19 health and safety protocols. Pay dependent upon experience.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com