CoCoPIE: Compression-Compilation Co-Design for Real-Time Artificial Intelligence on Arbitrary Mobile Device (key conceptual paper here, demonstration paper here, Youtube channel here, Bilibili channel here, CACM Featured Article here)
- “CoCoPIE: Making Mobile AI Sweet as PIE — Compression-Compilation Co-Design Goes a Long Way”, Communications of the ACM Featured Article. (Article) (Interview Video)
- “Yanzhi Wang Receives Army Young Investigator Award to Bring Deep Neural Network Machine Learning to Mobile Devices” reported in NEU News, also in Army Research Lab news.
- “Developing AI Capabilities for Mobile Phones: Real-time 3D Action Recognition” reported by Medium.
- “Software is still eating the world, even in the AI era” reported by Medium, and also in WebSystemer, MC.AI.
- “CoCoPIE: A software solution for putting real artificial intelligence in smaller spaces” reported in W&M News, also in TechXplore.
- Reported in Xinzhiyuan (新智元), also cited in Tencent (腾讯快报), Sohu (搜狐).
- Reported in CSDN (link), also cited in Tencent News, Zhuanzhi.AI, KKNews, etc.
- CoCoPIE for Achieving Real-Time LiDAR 3D Object Detection on a Mobile Device is reported in Technology.org (link), also in Onread (link).
- CoCoPIE for YoLoBile: real-time YoLo-v4 acceleration on mobile devices is reported in Jiqizhixin (link), also in Sohu (link).
- CoCoPIE for YoLoBile: real-time YoLo-v4 acceleration on mobile devices is reported in CVer (link), CSDN (link), Sohu (link), Tencent (link), also cited in Tencent News.
- CoCoPIE for real-time BERT acceleration on mobile devices is reported in CSDN (link), also cited in Tencent News.
- CoCoPIE for real-time BERT acceleration on mobile devices is reported in Medium (link), also in Mc.ai (link)
- Reported in Jiqizhixin (机器之心), also cited in Sina (新浪财经), thepaper.cn (澎湃).
AutoCompress: Automatic DNN Structured Pruning for Ultra-High Compression Rates (paper here)
- Reported in Jiqizhixin (机器之心), also cited in Tencent (腾讯快报), Tech.ifeng (凤凰网科技频道), Sina (新浪科技), Sohu (搜狐), CSDN Blog, cocook
- Reported in Xinzhiyuan (新智元)
- Reported in Qbitai (量子位), also cited in Toutiao (今日头条) Zhihu (知乎), Sina (新浪), thepaper.cn (澎湃), Linkresearcher (领研), shangyexinzhi (商业新知), gooyi, Baybox
- Reported in DiDi news (滴滴出行)
- Reported in Jiqizhixin (机器之心)
A Stochastic-Computing based Deep Learning Framework using Adiabatic Quantum-Flux-Parametron Superconducting Technology (paper here)
- Reported in MIT TR China, also in Sohu (搜狐), NetEase (网易), Zhihu (知乎), Tencent (腾讯快报), MyZaker, TWGreatDaily, TianYanCha, KKNews, CANNews, etc.
Compression-Compiler Co-Optimization for Real-Time DNN Execution on General-Purpose Mobile Devices (paper here)
- “Deep neural networks are coming to your phone. Here’s how that could change your life” reported in News@Northeastern, TechXplore, and FlipBoard.
- Reported in Xinzhiyuan (新智元), also cited in Liaoba (中国联通), sina (新浪财经), sina tech (新浪科技), NetEase (网易), zhuanzhi.ai (专知), gmx (共鸣新闻), xueqiu (雪球投资), and in the efficient DNN list here
Speedup Up AI in USC Viterbi Communications.
Adversarial T-Shirt for Evading Real-Time Detection (paper here) (Over 200 media coverage on the web. A selected list in the following.)
- “Can a stealth T-shirt foil digital spies?” by Boston Globe, also in Communications of ACM, ACM Tech News, IDTechEx, Artificial Intelligence Research, NEWSBout, Muck Rack
- “This ugly T-shirt makes you invisible to facial recognition tech” by Wired (UK), also in Dazed, MIT News, LatestTechNews (UK), TechPowerNews, NEU News, HeadTopics (UK), Knowledia, ScienceWiki
- “Prototype ‘adversarial’ t-shirt makes its wearer invisible to facial recognition software: Researchers create design to confuse AI used to identify individuals in public” by DailyMail (UK), also in YourDestinationNow, Mogaz News
- “Boffins don bad 1980s fashion to avoid being detected by object-recognizing AI cameras” by The Register (UK), also in FlipBoard forum, ANITH, LongRoom News
- “Dressing for the surveillance age” by NewYorker
- “Researchers foil people-detecting AI with an ‘adversarial’ T-shirt” by VentureBeat, also cited in Science Wiki, IPVM, GERENTE.com, Your Data Talks, Tech Informz, Getrevue.co, VB Daily Roundup, VIDMID, PSNews, Full-Stack Feed, NEWSiNi, TechSite, Now and Viral News
- “This T-shirt could make you invisible (to deep neural networks)” by NEU News, also in ScienceBlog, Twitter
- “New T-shirt design aimed at confusing, improving AI-based video surveillance systems” by Commercial Integrator
- “This T-shirt fools AI into thinking you’re invisible” by DailyDot
- “This trippy T-shirt makes you invisible to AI” by VICE, also discussed in Hacker News, SlashDot, Edgeryders, Reddit, Diasp.org, High Tech News, AITopics, Afterslash, MIT Tech Review, e-RADIO, Steemit, Northeastern News, Cloud7 News
- “Ingenious T-shirt design makes you invisible to AI’s intrusive eyes” by DesignTaxi.com
- “Anti-surveillance T-shirts don’t fool security cameras” by Quartz, also in FlipBoard
- “Adversarial T-shirts: Researchers designed T-shirts that can fool object detectors” by NeuroHive
- “Evading real-time person detectors by adversarial T-shirt” by Medium, ODSC, PLOW
- “What to hide from that surveillance camera? Try wearing an adversarial T-shirt” by Import AI
- “8 genius ways to trick surveillance systems” by Popular Mechanics
- “Ce T-shirt vous rend invisible a toute reconnaissance faciale” by MaxiTendance (French)
- “Evading real-time person detectors by adversarial T-shirt” discussed in HotComputerScience.com, DeepAI, Zhuanzhi.ai (专知), CNA.org, Eye-On AI, Jiqizhixin (机器之心), Weibo (新浪微博), Tencent News (腾讯新闻), MyBroadBand Forum, Le Macchine Volanti (Italian), IDEO, Tech.Ifeng (凤凰网科技频道), Tech.Ifeng (another), Dianyuan, Futunn, QQ Kuaibao (快报), youyou-tech, ancii.com (安科网) , Sina Finance (新浪财经), 360 society, Sohu (搜狐网), NetEase (网易), Qianzhan.com (前瞻网), MIT TR China
- Another report in Sohu (搜狐网), Tencent (腾讯网), KKNews
- Other reports: Source 1, Source 2, Source 3, Source 4, Source 5, Source 6, Source 7, Source 8, Source 9, Source 10, Source 11, Source 12, Source 13, Source 14, Source 15, Source 16, Source 17, Source 18
Hierarchical Random Switching for DNN Robustness (paper here)
- “How randomness can protect neural networks against adversarial attacks” by TechTalks
- “Making neural networks robust with new perspective” by IBM Research Blog
- “AI safety – how do you prevent adversarial attacks?” by Medium
Fingerprinting 3D Printers (paper here)
- “Researchers say they’ve found a way to track untraceable 3D guns” by VICE, also in Popular Mechanics, Reddit
- “Researchers find way to track ‘untraceable’ 3D-printed guns” by CNet, also on Twitter
- “This is how researchers can now track 3D printed guns, weapons” by ZDNet
- “PrinTracker: infill ‘fingerprints’ can help trace counterfeit goods and 3D printed guns” by 3D Printing Media Network
- “3D printers have ‘fingerprints’, a discovery that could help trace 3D-printed guns, counterfeit goods” by UB News, Communications of ACM, Science Daily, SlashDot, Interesting Engineering, Tech Times, Innovation Toronto, Science Node, The Engineer
- “PrinTracker tech could match sketchy objects to 3D printers that made them” by New Atlas
- “There’s finally a way to trace ‘untraceable’ 3D printed guns” by Digital Trends
- “3D printed guns: is it now possible to track them?” by The Manufacturer
- “Researchers have discovered a way to track 3D printed guns” by NextGov
- “No, your 3D printer doesn’t have a fingerprint” by Hackaday
Block-Circulant based DNN Acceleration (paper here)