Log 10 hours with either the center for STEM Education or STEMout
- Check your email for volunteer opportunities and sign-up when you are available
Attend at least 2 volunteer workshops
- At these workshops we will be running through outreach activities, sharing outreach experiences, and discussing potential new activities and outreach strategies
Get signed off on at least 3 different STEMout/Center for STEM outreach activities
- Once you feel comfortable with an outreach activity after either a workshop or a volunteer event, email email@example.com requesting to get the activity checked off
Have a current 51A certification and a self-disclosure form on file with the Center for STEM Education
- 51A Mandatory Reporter Training and Self-Disclosure forms are required by Northeastern for any student working with minors and must be completed once per year.
- Once you have completed these items, email them to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc email@example.com.
Get the current STEMout president to sign-off on your appointment as a Lead Volunteer
- Once you have met the requirements above, email firstname.lastname@example.org requesting to get signed off as a lead volunteer. Once we’ve confirmed that you have met the requirements, the president will sign-off on your appointment as a lead volunteer!
Meet the requirements? Show us your interest in becoming a lead volunteer!