Welcome to the Home of Husky Squash!
Northeastern’s Squash program was founded in the fall of 2004 by students as a club team. The Huskies compete as a well known Northeast team in the College Squash Association (CSA) against other club and varsity programs around the United States. Our regular season match-ups typically consist of teams in the New England area, extending out further as the season progresses.
The Huskies look forward to their continued success and growing fan base in the coming years as squash gets more and more exposure around campus. The Northeastern Round Robin Tournament was established in 2017, with teams traveling from all around the country to compete against the Huskies as well as local Boston teams like BU and BC. The tournament continues to grow every year with an active waitlist, giving rise to our program around Northeastern and in Boston. More about the Men’s Team
Highlights and Accomplishments
- Each year the College Squash Association awards the Barnaby Trophy to the most improved college squash team. In 2006, Northeastern was a finalist for this Barnaby Trophy for the Most Improved Team Award for moving up the most ranking spots in college squash.
- Also in 2006, Northeastern won Division E, the Chaffee Cup, at Nationals.
- In 2014, for the second time in 10 years, The Huskies won their division at the CSA Nationals and brought the Chaffee Cup back to Northeastern.
- In 2016, the Men’s Team won their division once again at the CSA Nationals and brought the Serues Cup to Northeastern for the first time.
- In 2018, the Women’s team won their division for the first time. They beat BC to take home the E cup!
- In 2019, the Men’s Team finished second in the E division as the third best Club Team in the country. The women finished 29th in the country (breaking top 30 for the first time in program history) and retained their spot as top club team in the country.