This page is focused on frameworks and guidelines for designing and creating spatial visualizations and working with geographic data for analysis.
- Northeastern Library Subject Guide
- QGIS Tutorials
- Mapping with Tableau tutorials:
- “How to build an interactive county-level map in Tableau” by Northeastern’s Storybench
- “Creating a Map with Tableau” by Miriam Posner of UCLA
- “3 Ways to Make Magnificent Maps in Tableau” by Ryan Sleeper of PlayfairData
- Mapping with R tutorials:
- “Making Maps with R” by Robin Lovelace
- “Introduction to Visualizing Spatial Data in R” by Lovelace, et al.
- “Making Maps with R” by Eric C. Anderson
- “Drawing Beautiful Maps Programmatically with R, sf, and ggplot2” by Mel Moreno and Mathieu Basille
- Sketchup, 3D Modelling Software for Architecture, Interior Design, and Spatial Visualizations
- Carto, a proprietary web spatial analysis and mapping platform with free student trials
- “Becoming a Spatial Data Scientist” Carto e-book