This page collects resources for the production and maintenance of digital projects.
Digital Project Development Tools
- Flask, a web framework
- Knight Lab: produced by Northwestern University’s Knight Lab, this tool kit includes open source, lightweight tools for media makers. Each tool has a tutorial on the page and can be embedded in a personal or project website.
- SketchUp: this is a 3D modeling toolkit for making and printing 3D models. There are free and priced versions of this product.
- Design for Diversity: this project has resources for understanding how to create more inclusive information systems. While its primary audience is cultural heritage practitioners, there are also many examples of digital projects and readings that will be useful more broadly.
- Tropy: this is an image organization platform that is useful for archival or visual culture research.
- Northeastern Library Citation Management
- Also see: citation software comparison chart
Data Visualization Resources
- Northeastern Library Subject Guide
- Kieran Healy’s Data Visualization textbook