The Loj Committee is a group of NUHOC members who have dedicated their time and energy to become experts about the Loj, maintain and improve the Loj, lead trips to the Loj, and teach others about the Loj. Each Loj Committee member (LC) has worked hard to earn their keys to the Loj for life. Unfortunately, our beloved Loj was destroyed in a fire in January 2015. We currently have a yurt on the Loj property, but we are hoping to build a new Loj starting in 2023. NUHOC needs new Loj Committee members to spearhead the construction efforts, carry the club forward, and run the Loj now and in the future. Any Northeastern student can become a member of the Loj Committee. To become a member of the Loj Committee, you must:
- Go to the Loj three times. Contact the Loj Committee Chair (LCC) to schedule a speech at a NUHOC meeting.
- Give a Loj Committee Trainee (LCT) speech. Explain why you want to be a member of the Loj Committee. You must also give a gift to the Loj.
- Complete a list of 25 tasks (“the LCT list”) pertaining to club leadership, running trips, and running the Loj. Typically, this list takes over a year to complete.
- Once you have completed your LCT list, host a dinner for the Loj Committee members and other LCTs to discuss whether or not you are ready to become a member of the Loj Committee. At this dinner, the current LCs will vote to decide whether or not you will become a member of the Loj Committee.
- If the LCs vote to approve you as a member of the Loj Committee, you will receive keys to the Loj for life! You will have complete access to the Loj whenever you want because you have proven yourself worthy of this responsibility. You will be able to open the Loj for generations of NUHOCers to come!