Well it is finally cold outside and there is a chance of flurries for our meeting tomorrow at 7:30pm in 108 Snell Engineering. You should wear your finest flannel because it is FLANNEL FORMAL!! This event is when we wear flannel and bring food to share. If you plan on coming please respond to our event on facebook and post what you plan to bring for the potluck.
In all the fun and festivities we also will be doing nominations for our Spring 2015 e-board! It is very important to the club that we have quality leaders on the e-board, as they help keep the club going and bring new ideas to continue to make NUHOC amazing. Please consider who you want to nominate to be on e-board, self-nominations are welcome as well. Below are descriptions of the positions on e-board open for nominations. Good ones to introduce you to e-board are VP Communications, Publicity, Weatherperson, or SGA Rep.
- President: run e-board and general meetings; point contact for the school, alumni, and Loj committee; organize deadlines and other projects including proposals; moderate gmail, orgsync and other NUHOC platforms; oversee the rest of the e-board; delegate and moderate what is going on in the club and make decisions
- VP Organization: president’s right hand person and in the absence of president will carry out the duties of the office, appoint committee chairpersons as required; responsible for planning any programming for the meetings (speakers, movies, etc.); do miscellaneous duties like booking of room and vans
- VP of Trips: responsible for helping organize all club outings; coordinate trip sign-ups and waivers; screen trip leaders; create new trips
- VP Publicity: advertise meetings and other NUHOC events on all social media platforms; create posters for annual trips, print at reprographics and hang them; maintain the website and other social media sites; attend and organize participation in the activities fairs
- VP of Communications: keep minutes of the club and e-board meetings; keep permanent records of the club; assist the Treasurer especially with memberships; responsible for checking the mail
- SGA Representative: be a member of the SGA; attend mandatory SGA meetings; keep e-board informed on rules and proceedings of SGA
- Weatherperson: accurately predict the and illustrate the weather for upcoming NUHOC events; prevent unwanted precipitation and produce wanted precipitation
Our photo comes from Eleanor Grams this week from the top of Caribou Mt.
Hope to see you all tomorrow for our last meeting before Thanksgiving Break!