When considering a specific device or application in your research study, be sure to do the following:
- Read the specifications.
- Does it do what you need it to do? Is it appropriate for what you want to do/for your intended user(s)? Does it require charging or batteries?
- Read reviews (CNET, wareable.com, Amazon.com, PCworld).
- What are its strengths and weaknesses? Is it accurate/usable? If it is a device, is it clunky or obtrusive?
- Are there better alternatives? Or comparable alternatives that are more cost effective?
- Does it have an accessible API (application program interface)?
When you decide on a device:
- You will need:
- A consultation with the Technology & Analysis Core to determine feasibility
- If feasible, at least two of the technology in consideration – 1 for initial usability, 1 for API analysis and integration
Do you have any ideas on new technologies we should be considering? Feel free to contact us