The goal of the Administrative Core, lead by PI Barbara Guthrie, is to develop strategic planning and provide direction for NUCare with the input and support of the collaborators, academic-community partners, and all participants in the Center activities. The Admin Core is responsible for promoting the Center’s mission and ensuring an appropriate position and recognition within Northeastern University. The Admin Core support for all activities of the Center, including coordination of the Pilot Projects Core, Technology & Analysis Core, Executive Committee, and Community Advisory Board and External Advisory Committee. The bulk of the activities of the Admin Core focuses on planning, communication, coordination and execution of activities. These are strengthened by a single administrative center that oversees all budgets and committees, ensuring continued communication among collaborators.
- To provide administrative leadership to the Center; including support to the Pilot Projects Core, the Technology & Analysis Core, and the pilot projects to be conducted by junior nurse scientists.
- To allocate resources and oversee budgetary issues and contractual agreements, including ensuring timely reporting and compliance with Institutional Review Boards requirements on human subjects protection and all fiduciary and contract deadlines.
- To oversee meetings between the Executive Committee and the Community Advisory Board/External Advisory Committee.
- To coordinate linkages between researchers and the community to enhance community-based participatory research and sharing of best practices.
- To conduct evaluations of the activities and ensure the viability of the Center beyond the life of the initial grant.
CORE FACULTY AND STAFF
Barbara Guthrie, RN, PhD, FAAN (Lead) – Professor of Nursing, Director of the Nursing PhD Program in the School of Nursing, Bouvé College of Health Sciences at Northeastern University
Holly Jimison, PhD, Co-Investigator – Professor of Practice, Director of the Consortium on Technology for Proactive Care, Bouvé College of Healthy Sciences, Department of Health Sciences, and the College of Computer & Information Science, Northeastern University
Christine M. Gordon, MPH – Project Navigator
Kristin Lees, MA, PhD candidate in Population Health – Graduate Student Assistant