Scholar Spotlight

Summer Spotlight:

Dayana Rodriquez

Year in School: Bachelors

Why are you interested in Biotech? It is a field with an array of options in the sciences

Current Job: Dental assistant

Your Dream Job in Biotech: Genetics or/and research

What has been your favorite class and why? Molecular Biology because it is amazing to learn about all the intricacies of the human body at a molecular level. I enjoyed studying the eukaryotes cells the most.8.Fun Fact about YourselfI am an avid reader

Advice to someone interested in Biotech and the A2M program: Prepare for fast paced classes, and study your chapters prior to classes.

Spring Spotlight:

Angie Genao

Degree Program: PlusOne BS/MS Student

Anticipated Graduation: Spring 2020 for BS, Spring 2021 for MS

Why Biotech: I am interested in Biotechnology because it is a fast growing field and also because there are so many concentrations you can experience on.

Current Job: Patient Care Assistant

Dream Job in Biotech: I would like to become a Senior Clinical Research Associate-Biotech.

Favorite Biotech Class and Why: From MCC: I would say Advanced techniques was my favorite class. The reason why this was my favorite is because this class provided me with many hands-on techniques and skills that I would have not gotten in any other school or by any other professor. Thanks to Dr. Bladon and Professor Patev. From NEU: My favorite class so far was Ethical Issues in Communication taught by Dr. Mackiewicz. The reason why this was my favorite class is because by far she has been one of the most supporting professors I have ever had. Dr. Mack made sure we all understood every little piece of information while lecturing class. I never wanted to miss any of her classes because they were fun while learning very well the material.

Fun Fact: I’m a Yankees fan 🙂

Advice to a future Biotech student: I would say that if you are interested in Biotech and the A2M program. The first thing you should do it talk to any of the great coordinators from the program of MCC or NEU. Also to come join us on any community event provided by the A2M program because they are very informative and you will definitely enjoy it. Plus you get to network with great faculty members and also students. Come to Biotech and you will not regret any single moment. We are a family.

Anything else: Thanks to the A2M program for all of the opportunities they have provided me with.