An easy-to-use student response system, licensed for free use by faculty and students. Easy to use with gradebook integration or without grading to increase engagement.
Northeastern Information Technology Services has secured a license for online and on-ground classroom use of Poll Everywhere, a student response solution that allows students to respond to polling questions and displays results in real-time. Poll Everywhere offers usability, a good variety of question types, and web and PowerPoint/Keynote/Google slides delivery.
The Northeastern Poll Everywhere Pro account provides the following upgraded feature-set over the standard free higher-ed accounts:
- Receive answers from more students (free accounts are limited to 40 responses)
- Single sign-on using university credentials. Quickest way to log in!
- Track individual student responses
- Moderate responses to free text questions
- Mark answers correct/incorrect and assign points
- Send grades to the Blackboard gradebook (on blackboard.neu.edu)
License Restrictions for Acceptance of the Poll Everywhere Pro Account:
- You may only use your Poll Everywhere Pro account for Northeastern courses. You cannot use it for Non-Northeastern events.
- All presenters and participants must be logged in through single sign on. View login tips for faculty or login tips for students.
- If you allow students to text their responses, you must ensure that students’ phone numbers are verified through the Poll Everywhere process.
Support and documentation videos are available on our resources page to help you and your students meet these restrictions.