Information for NU Online faculty to prepare for the Blackboard migration.
- Blackboard will be unavailable from Friday, December 22nd at 12:01 AM EDT through Sunday, December 31st at 11:59 PM EDT.
- As of January 1st, 2018, there will be a new login link for Blackboard.
- Only course sections taught after September 1, 2014 will be available in the new Blackboard environment. Please back up any content from older course sections. The following link is a tutorial on how to save an export of your course.
- Due to the upgrade, 2×2 readiness checks will begin on Thursday, January 4th. Please plan to have two weeks of course materials ready for review by this date.
How to Prepare Your Course for the Winter/Spring 2018 Term
- Please complete any course copy from older course sections into your Winter/Spring 2018 course section before December 22nd in preparation of the downtime. Please note that courses from previous terms/semesters may take several days before they are available in the new environment.
- Existing Turnitin assignments created in the current NU Online Blackboard environment will no longer be valid/active in the new upgraded Blackboard environment in January. To avoid issues:
- Please wait until the system is back up in January to create any new Turnitin assignments for your Winter/Spring courses.
- Prior to term start on January 8th, NUOEL staff will be replacing any old Turnitin links in 2018 Winter quarter/Spring semester courses, so that they will function.
- Note: This issue will not affect any new Turnitin assignments that are created in the new Blackboard as of January 1st.