Samuel Muñoz — Assistant Professor
Sam is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Marine & Environmental Sciences with a cross-appointment in the Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering. He obtained a Ph.D. in Geography from the University of Wisconsin-Madison where he was advised by Jack Williams, and then held a postdoctoral position in the Coastal Systems Group at the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution. His research uses geological, historical, and numerical approaches to understand environmental variability and its influence on people.
Charlotte Wiman — Ph.D. Student
Charlotte is a Ph.D. student in the Department of Marine & Environmental Sciences. Charlotte is a Northeastern graduate (B.S. Environmental Science), and completed her M.S. at Northern Arizona University with Nick McCay. Here, she is working on a project integrating paleoflood deposits with a hydraulic model to understand the hydrologic history of the Mississippi basin over the late Holocene.
Michelle O’Donnell — Ph.D. Student
Michelle is a PhD student in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering. She graduated with a BS in Environmental Science from Northeastern in 2016, then worked for the Cambridge Water Department before completing her MS in Civil Engineering at University of Colorado Boulder with Ben Livneh. She is also a recipient of the NSF GRFP.
Cory Houde – Undergraduate Research Assistant
Cory is a student at North Community College interested in geobiology. She is participating in the IDEA internship at the Marine Science Center, and working on quantifying carbon storage and sediment accumulation rates in nearby Belle Isle Marsh.
- Joeri Reinders (Visiting Lecturer, Leiden University)
- Portia Freeman (B.S. Environmental & Sustainability Sciences, Northeastern U.)
- Brynnydd Hamilton (Ph.D. student MIT/WHOI Joint Program)
- Olivia Burek (M.S. student Boston College)
- B Parazin (B.S. Physics, Northeastern U. )
- Aaron Goodman (M.S. student, Colorado School of Mines)
- Isabella Lopez
- Annie Tucker (Environmental Scientist at Environmental Partners)
- Brandan Lawrence (B.S. Environmental Science, Northeastern U.)
- David Carter
- Ilana Hirschfeld
- Carleigh Norton (M.S. student, Northeastern U.)
- Michelle Chen
- Daniel Litchmore (NASA GISS)
I am always looking for motivated undergraduate and graduate students to join our group! If you are interested in joining us, please take a look at the information for prospective students and contact me.