ISRD3 is still open for participants. Researchers interested in joining the ISRD3 data collection sweep may contact Professor Ineke Haen Marshall (email@example.com), or any of the members of the ISRD3 Steering Committee.
A total of 35 countries are participating in the data collection for ISRD3, which started in 2012 and is planned to end in 2019. As of summer 2017, 28 countries have finished their field work – for detailed information navigate to the country-specific pages. The following countries are currently part of ISRD3 (grouped by geographical region):
- Africa: Cape Verde
- Asia: China, India, Indonesia, South Korea, Taiwan
- Eastern and Central European countries: Armenia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Kosovo, Lithuania, Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Ukraine
- Mediterranean countries: Croatia, Greece, Italy, Portugal, Spain
- Northern European countries: Denmark, Finland, Sweden
- Western European countries: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Switzerland, the Netherlands, the UK (England, Scotland)
- North America: USA
- Latin America: Brazil, Chile, Venezuela
- Oceania: Australia
- The majority of countries use city-based samples, but some national surveys are being implemented
- In each city 300 students per grade (in 7th, 8th and 9th) are being surveyed – a total of 900 children per city
- Each country should aim for at least two cities (i.e. a total of 1,800 participants per country)
- ISRD3 focuses on the empirical integration of Situational Action Theory, Institutional Anomie Theory and Procedural Justice Theory. Further areas of interest are theories of social control, criminal opportunity and social disorganization.