(enough for 3 persons, cooking time: 10-15 mins)
- 3 Tortillas – spinach/tomato/hot mexican/plain/home made chapatis
- Any Cheese – best is Mexican blend (TJs)
- 1 Avacado, peeled, pitted and crumbled
- 1 Tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 Green chilly, very finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon black salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons (40 ml) chopped fresh cilantro/coriander leaves
- Keep a pan on slow heat, while you make the mixture.
- Mix crumbled avacado, chopped tomatoes, green chilly, black salt, black pepper, salt and fresh cilantro leaves.
- Bring the heat to medium high and wait till a few minutes till the pan becomes hot.
- Place tortilla on the pan. Add butter to one side. (Be careful as smoke comes when you do this on a very hot pan– smoke alarm may go on when you are making a lot of them!)
- Sprinkle cheese , spoon the filling on half of the side of the tortilla, fold it tightly and leave it till you see cheese melting. You may leave them on the side, while you do the next one – if pan is large enough.
Note: For other fillings, you can also use sour cream, additional cheese, olives, corn, sautéed vegetables, steamed kidney beans, hummus etc.