The Northeastern Digital Arts and Game Design Program was rated 38th among digital arts programs within the country.
- BS in Computer Science and Game Design 2012 and on Degree.
Prospective students should contact CCIS, current students seeking advise should contact CCIS advisors.
- BS in Computer Science and Game Design 2011 Degree
This degree has been replaced by the one above.
- BFA in Digital Arts and Game Design Degree
Prospective students should contact A+D department, current students seeking advise should contact A+D.
- BS in Computer Science and Interactive Media
- BFA in Digital Arts and Interactive Media
- BFA in Graphic Design and Interactive Media
- BS in Music Technology and Interactive MediaProspective students interested in Interactive Media programs should contact A+D department, current students seeking advise should contact A+D.
Game Design Minor
We offer a 6 courses in Game Design, which is open to all departments and Colleges at Northeastern. Through this game design minor students can make games and create portfolio pieces. Students will also be able to apply principles from their own discipline to the game designs.
All students are required to take the Foundations of Game Design class (GAME 2500).
They are then given a choice of 5 elective courses can be selected as: any GAME class (except 2500 or 2150), or IM 2100 Digital Narrative 1 or IM 2200 Digital Narrative 2, IM 3250 Physical Computing, or an HCI class from: IS 4300 Human Computer Interaction or IE 4522 Human Machine Systems + IE 4523 Lab for IE 4522.
Current list of GAME classes:
- GAME 1110 Games and Society
- GAME 2200 Games and Learning
- GAME 3330 Game Interface Design
- GAME 3400 Level Design and Game Architecture
- GAME 3700 Game Projects: Preproduction
- GAME 3800 Game Projects: Assets and Prototyping
- GAME 4700 Game Design Capstone 1
- GAME 4701 Game Design Capstone 2
- GAME 3899 Topics in Game Design
Students who are currently in the Creative Industries Minor will be able to continue and finish the minor they enrolled in, but they also have the choice to taking the new Game Design minor.