From Composite Systems
Design Specifications and Guides
- ACI 318 (1989). Building Code Requirements for Reinforced Concrete, American Concrete Institute, Detroit, Michigan.
- ACI 318 (1995). Building Code Requirements for Reinforced Concrete, American Concrete Institute, Detroit, Michigan.
- AISI LRFD (1991). Cold Formed Steel Design Manual, American Iron and Steel Institute.
- AISC LRFD (1993). Load and Resistance Factor Design Specification for Structural Steel Buildings, AISC, Chicago.
- Architectural Institute of Japan (1987). Recommendations for the Design and Fabrication of Tubular Structures in Steel, Architectural Institute of Japan, Tokyo, Japan.
- Architectural Institute of Japan (1990). Recommendations for the Design and Fabrication of Tubular Structures in Steel, Architectural Institute of Japan, Tokyo, Japan.
- AS 3600 (1988). Concrete Structures, Standards Australia, Sydney.
- AS 4100 (1990). Steel Structures, Standards Australia, Sydney.
- BS 5400 (1979). “Steel, concrete and composite bridges,” Code of Practice for Design of Composite Bridges, British Standards Institution, 1979.
- BS 5950 (1985). “Structural Use of Steel in Building,” Code of Practice for Design in Simple and Continuous Construction: Hot Rolled Sections, British Standards Institution, 1985.
- CIDECT (1995). “Design Guide for Concrete Filled Hollow Section Columns Under Static and Seismic Loading,” Bergmann, R., Matsui, C., Meinsama, C. and Dutta, D. (eds), TUV-Verlag, Germany.
- Eurocode 4 (1992). “Design of Composite Steel and Concrete Structures,” European Committee for Standardisation, Brussels.
- Eurocode 4 (1994). “Design of Composite Steel and Concrete Structures,” Commission of the European Communities, British Steel Institute, London.
Other Works Referenced
- Attard, M. M., and Setunge, S., (1996). “Stress-Strain Relationship of Confined and Unconfined Concrete,” American Concrete Institute Materials Journal, Vol. 93, No. 5, September-October, pp. 432-442.
- Bondale, D. S. and Clark, P. J. (1966). “Composite Construction in the Almonsbury Interchange,” Conference on Structural Steelwork, British Construction Steelwork Association, London, September 1966.
- FEMA-267A (1997). “Interim Guidelines: Evaluation, Repair, Modification, and Design of Welded Steel Moment Frame Structures,” SAC Joint Venture, Report No. SAC-96-03.
- Grimault, J. P. and Janns, J. (1977). “Reduction of the Bearing Capacity of Concrete-Filled Hollow Sections due to Local Buckling,” Preliminary Report, ECCS Colloquium on Stability of Steel Structures, Liege, 175-179.
- Kato, B. et al. (1977). “Restoring Force Characteristics of Steel Frames Equipped with Diagonal Braces,” Journal of Structural Construction Engineering, Vol. 260, Architectural Institute of Japan, October.
- Mandler, J. B., Priestly, M. J. N. and Park, R. (1988). “Theoretical Stress-Strain Model for Confined Concrete Columns,” Journal of Structural Engineering, Proceedings of the American Society of Civil Engineers, Vol. 114, No. 8, August, pp. 1804-1848.
- Martinez, S., Nilson, A. H. and Slate, F.O. (1984). “Spirally Reinforced High-Strength Concrete Columns,” American Concrete Institute Structural Journal, Vol. 81, No. 5, September-October 1984, pp. 431-442.
- Neogi, P. K., Sen, H. K., and Chapman, J. C. (1969). “Concrete-Filled Tubular Steel Columns under Eccentric Loading,” The Structural Engineer, Vol. 47, No. 5, May 1969, pp. 187-195.
- Rotter, J.M. (1982). “Composite Columns – Lectures 3 and 7,” Postgraduate Course Notes, School of Civil and Mining Engineering, University of Sydney.
- Sherman, D. R. (1992). “Tubular Members,” Constructional Steel Design: An International Guide, Dowling, P. J., Harding, J. E., and Bjorhovde, R. (eds.), Elsevier Science Publishers Ltd., New York.
- Wakabayashi, M. (1976). “A Proposal for Design of Composite Columns and Beam-Columns,” Preliminary Report of Second International Colloquium on Stability, September.
- Wheeler, A. T. and Bridge, R. Q. (1993). “Analysis of Cross-Sections in Composite Materials,” Proceedings of the Thirteenth Australasian Conference on the Mechanics of Structures and Materials, Schmidt, L. C. (ed.), July 5-7, 1993.