Working with the Graduate School of Engineering, Graduate Student Ambassadors provide both prospective and admitted students with the information they need to transition to Northeastern University. Ambassadors are professional, energetic and eager to help. Their mission is to offer a glimpse into life as a current Husky and deliver the student perspective of graduate school. Ambassadors engage the community while demonstrating educational excellence and maintaining a high level of campus involvement in the College of Engineering and within the entire University.
Ambassadors are happy you with a lot of your questions regarding (but not limited to):
- Department + Program Specifics Activities, Events and General Happenings | Graduate Student Councils | Course Insight and Opinions | "Who do I talk to when..."
- The Student Experience + Perspective Opportunities to get involved with student organizations | Resources available through the College and University | Co-op Experiences
- Relocating to Boston, Seattle or Silicon Valley Places to see and explore, both on and around campus | Awesome close locations to travel to and experience | Where to go to eat, shop, relax, and party | Areas safe to live in and spots to avoid
- Things to take advantage of during your time at NEU
... but CAN NOT assist with decisions, statuses or funding.Ambassadors ask that you please email the Admissions team via Husky Desk (email@example.com) if you have questions on the following:
- Application Eligibility + Profiles Exam Score Submission or Waivers
- Admission Decisions or Statuses Receipt of Materials
- Course Registration Details + Troubleshooting *Reach out to your Academic Advisor or Point of Contact Note: Ambassadors CAN give opinions on courses (e.g. electives and workloads)
- International Student Processing (I20 or Visa Status)
- Financial Aid + Funding Opportunities (Learn more about this on our blog and FAQ)
- Website, Payment, myNortheastern or IT Issues
Ambassadors are students - just like you - which means they unable to assist with queries that require access to special information.
Upon official admission, you will be provided program/department specific group links to connect with your respective ambassadors. In the meantime, you are welcome to join our group for Prospective Grad Students which is periodically monitored and attended to.
Join the Prospective Student Group
What people are saying about the Ambassadors:
Fall 2018 SBSY Admit
As an International student, I had many questions such as ‘How do I register for my courses; Which professors should I be speaking to; What would be a proximal and safe locality to stay off campus’. The Student ambassadors offer an experienced and comfortable shoulder to rely on, extending endless support at every stage and making friends in the process.
Fall 2018 EM Admit
My ambassador has always gone out of their way and taken those extra strides to make sure our doubts are always cleared. They have an unbelievable amount of patience and goes into detailed explanations as well as constant dialogue to make sure there’s not room for error. On multiple occasions, they helped out tremendously just out of genuine care and kindness without even being asked. I had an amazing uplifting conversation with another ambassador that really helped in calming me down in my overwhelmed state and also got some really good advice on how best to conduct myself. I’m truly grateful to have had their support.
Fall 2018 Admit
The simplicity level that the ambassador I connected with has is just awesome. They don’t give a second thought while answering any questions and are always ready to help. They are constantly looking out for comprehensive, but easy to understand solutions and make sure that whatever has been understood is to the best of the knowledge. Even though there’s a time difference, resolutions have come quickly and as soon as possible. Their patience level is hats off, never getting tired even answering the simplest of questions. They are doing a great job. Thanks so much for all the help and support.
Fall 2018 Admit
Thanks for being so informative about every silly doubts we ask and understanding that we are where you were in the recent past. It’s good to know that friendly people have become student ambassadors. Thanks again for everything! 🙂