Our cheerleaders participate at every home Men’s and Women’s basketball game, as well as the CAA tournament in Charleston, South Carolina. In 2015, after a 24 year drought, our Men’s basketball team advanced to the NCAA Tournament for March Madness. Six of our cheerleaders were given the opportunity to accompany them as they played Notre Dame in the first round. In order to show our support for the entire Athletic Department, we also try to attend athletic events for all of our sports teams on campus.
Northeastern Cheerleading is also a competitive program that participates in both local and national competitions. In 2002, we took home 1st place at the NCA Collegiate National Championship in Division I – Coed. In 2016 we were ranked 7th in the nation as a Division I – All-Girl program. We hope to attend the 2018 NCA Collegiate National Championship, and do even better than the 2016 season!
What to wear:
- Day 1: White t-shirt, black shorts/athletic leggings and bow.
- Day 2: black tank top, black shorts/athletic leggings and bow.
- Cheer sneakers, or any other form of athletic sneaker.
- Hair pulled back and out of face. Red, black or white cheer bow if you have one.
- Game day ready makeup. Red lipstick.
Tryouts will be judged on:
- An entrance
- A dance
- A chant
- Standing tumbling/Running tumbling
Some cheerleading/gymnastics experience is required.
For more information Click Here.
Executive Board 2018 – 2019: