Parents – is your child’s healthcare provider concerned about their weight? If so, your child may be eligible to participate in research involving walking and brain health! Kids aged 8-10 years are eligible to participate (must meet pre-screening requirements).
Could this study be right for you?
- Is your child between the ages of 8-10?
- Is your child’s healthcare provider concerned about their weight?
- Is your child interested in participating in science?
This study will examine the effects of acute aerobic exercise and adiposity on cognitive and brain function in preadolescence (ages 8-10). We will be collecting a battery of cognitive, academic performance, fitness, neuroimaging, body composition and psychosocial outcomes to examine the outcomes and mechanisms of the intervention. Participants will complete 3 assessment sessions. THIS STUDY IS NOW OPEN FOR RECRUITMENT!
Please call 617-373-3747 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to participate.
What participants can expect
- Session 1
- Questionnaires for the child about handedness, sleep, emotions, standardized testing, cognitive tasks, a body scan, and a treadmill exercise test. Questionnaires for parents/guardians.
- Sessions 2 and 3
- Walking on the treadmill and/or reading, followed by computer tasks under EEG (electroencephalography), and tasks of academic performance. Participants will wear a heart rate monitor.