Publications by Dr. Charles Hillman Ph.D.
Copyright notice: The copyrights on these articles are held by their respective publishers. Any use of these articles must be in a manner consistent with the fair use provisions of the U.S. copyright law. In particular the distribution, publication, or use for a profit-making enterprise is expressly prohibited.
Articles in Press
- Syväoja, H. J., Kankaanpää, A., Kallio, J., Hakonen, H., Kulmala, J., Hillman, C. H., Pesonen, A.-K., Tammelin, T. H. (in press). The relation of physical activity, sedentary behaviors and academic achievement are mediated by fitness and bedtime. Journal of Physical Activity and Health.
- Szabo-Reed, A. N., Willis, E. A., Lee, J., Washburn, R. A., Hillman, C. H., & Donnelly, J. E. (in press). Impact of 3 years of classroom physical activity bouts on time-on-task behavior. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise.
- Raine, L. B., Khan, N. A., Drollette, E. S., Pontifex, M. B., Kramer, A. F., & Hillman, C. H. (in press). Obesity, visceral adipose tissue, and cognitive function in childhood. The Journal of Pediatrics.
- Bugge, A., Moller, S., Tarp, J., Hillman, C. H., Lima, R. A., Gejl, A. K., & Wedderkopp, N. (in press). Influence of a two to six year physical education intervention on scholastic performance; The CHAMPS study-DK. Scandinavian Journal of Medicine and Science in Sports.
- Donnelly, J. E., Hillman, C. H., Greene, J. L., Hansen, D. M., Gibson, C. A., Sullivan, D. K., Poggio, J., Mayo, M. S., Lambourne, K., Szabo-Reed, A. N., Herrmann, S. D., Honas, J. J., Scudder, M. S., Betts, J. L., Henley, K., Hunt, S. L., & Washburn, R. A. (in press). Physical activity and academic achievement across the curriculum: results from a 3-year cluster-randomized trial. Preventive Medicine.
- Schwarb, H., Johnson, C. L., Daugherty, A. M., Hillman, C. H., Kramer, A. F., Cohen, N. J., & Barbey, A. K. (in press). Aerobic fitness, hippocampal viscoelasticity and relational memory performance. NeuroImage.
- Felez-Nobrega, M., Foster, J. L., Puig-Ribera, A., & Hillman, C. H. (in press). Measuring working memory in the Spanish population: validation of a multiple shortened complex span task. Psychological Assessment.
- Barnett, S. M., Khan, N. A., Raine, L. B., Moulton, C., Cohen, N. J., Kramer, A. F., Hammond Jr., B. R., Renzi- Hammond, L., & Hillman, C. H. (in press). Macular pigment optical density is positively associated with academic performance among preadolescent children. Nutritional Neuroscience.
- Fanning, J., Roberts, S., Hillman, C. H., Mullen, S. P., Ritterband, L., & McAuley, E. (in press). A smartphone app-delivered randomized factorial trial targeting physical activity in adults. Journal of Behavioral Medicine.
- Hassevoort, K., Khazoum, S. E., Walker, J. A., McCorkle, S. M., Raine, L. B., Hammond, B. R., Renzi-Hammond, L. M., Kramer, A. F., Khan, N. A., Hillman, C. H., & Cohen, N. J. (in press). Macular carotenoids, aerobic fitness, and central adiposity are differentially associated with hippocampal-dependent relational memory in preadolescent children. The Journal of Pediatrics.
- Felez-Nobrega, M., Hillman, C. H., Cirera-Viñolas, E., & Puig-Ribera, A. (in press). The association of context-specific sitting time and physical activity intensity to working memory capacity and academic achievement in young adults. European Journal of Public Health.
- Raine, L. B., Biggan, J. R., Baym, C. L., Saliba, B. J., Cohen, N. J., & Hillman, C. H. (in press). Adolescent Changes in Aerobic Fitness are Related to Changes in Academic Achievement. Pediatric Exercise Science.
- Raine, L. B., Khan, N. A., Drollette, E. S., Pontifex, M. B., Kramer, A. F., & Hillman, C. H. (in press). Obesity, Visceral Adipose Tissue, and Cognitive Function in Childhood. The Journal of Pediatrics.