INTACT PROTEIN ANALYSIS
2020 Dates are being planned.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR REGISTRATION
To register for this training program you must download and complete this form and email the completed form to RPS@northeastern.edu. The registration form must be filled-out completely and accurately so there is no delay in processing. Please allow up to five business days for processing. Registrations received within five business days of the course may not be processed in time. Once your registration form is approved, you will receive a link for payment.
You are not considered registered for training until you make your payment.
- Endoproteinase digests
- Introduction to HPLC
- Gel electrophoresis
- Universal sample preparation
Filter-aided sample preparation (FASP)
- Native protein cleanup
MASS SPECTROMETRY ANALYSIS
- Review of spectral interpretation
- Peptide mapping using HPLC and HPLC-MS
- Peptide mass fingerprinting
- Peptide sequencing using MS/MS
- Intact protein Analysis by MS
- Top-down Mass Spectrometry
- Post-translational modifications
- Database searches of MS and MS-MS data
- Spectral libraries
- Quality control
Lab course content follows the same flow as the lecture. Before embarking upon the lecture-based experiments there will be a brief instrument introduction and setup. Case studies will be on Cu/Zn Superoxide Dismutase (or other) proteins, and advanced students may attempt to bring in their own sample.